What are the hallmarks of successful training? Participants should find it beneficial and interesting and the company should achieve the desired results. The interaction between trainer and client or team has to be intelligently managed before, during and after the training sessions. My general approach to this process is as follows:
- Identifying learning needs. My first task is to identify the learning needs of the target group, that is, the group that would benefit most from training. On the basis of individual and/or group interviews, questionnaires and the observation of working practices, I am able to make a qualified assessment of learning needs and the main challenges faced by the target group.
- Agreeing learning outcomes. I discuss the main conclusions of my investigations with the company management and together we formulate the objectives of the training programme or of individual training sessions.
- Training design. I develop a training programme on the basis of agreed objectives, write up a project proposal and submit it to the management for consideration.
- Training delivery. After the details of the project have been agreed, I work with the client’s project manager on the organisation and preparation of the training programme.
- Evaluation of results.
Training delivery as such is based on the following principles:
- Focus on participant experience (the context of their work environment, real challenges and issues)
- Exploration (suspend judgement, understand and try out new things first)
- Learning through participation and practice
- Ample opportunities for feedback and reflection
- Practical application (What have participants discovered for themselves? How are they going to apply it to their work? What personal plan of action have they developed?).
The elements described above are used to develop one-off training sessions as well as modular training programmes that are adapted to the specific requirements of each client. Typically, these programmes cover a wide range of management, leadership, strategy, change and personal performance issues. I have also developed a number of workshops on innovation leadership.
Below is the list of my most popular training topics:
|STRATEGY AND CHANGE|
|S.1 Strategic Session / Retreat – a facilitated custom event
S.2 Developing Strategic Thinking
S.3 Change Management Compass: The 4 Intelligences Leadership Model
|I.1 The Theory ‘U’: Co-creating by learning from the emerging future
I.2 Lead To Innovate: develop your company’s capability to grasp new opportunities
I.3 Problem-solving and Decisionmaking in a Team (2 days)
I.4 Design Thinking for Business
I.5 New Leadership Skills for the VUCA reality
|L.1 7 Principles of Effective Leadership
L.2 New Leadership Skills for the VUCA reality
|D.1 Succession Planning: the manager’s role
D.2 360 Feedback: developing an effective system
D.3 Conducting a Performance Review: facilitating employee growth
D.4 Active Training Techniques: promoting learning by doing
D.5 Learning Agility: learning to learn in a changing world
D.6 Coaching Skills for Leaders: supporting employee development
|COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCE|
|C.1 Effective Communication: understand and be understood
C.2 Negotiating To Win/Win: conflict resolution in personal and professional relationships
C.4 Listen Well for improved performance and relationships
C.5 Speak With Power! — a public speaking workshop
C.6 Deal Done! — negotiation skills workshop
C.7 Managing Conflict and creating constructive atmosphere at work
C.8 Negotiations and Selling – an intencive practice workshop for the seasoned ones
|T.1 Leverigeng On The Strengths: how to optimise the use of your business’s human potential (based on MBTI or / and other personality assessment instruments)
T.2 Enhancing Established Teams
T.3 Productive Groups: skills that make a difference
T.4 The Challenge of Change: helping people to manage it
T.5 Effective Meetings
T.6 Problem-solving and Decisionmaking in a Team (2 days)
T.7 Фасилитация для лидеров
T.8 Proactive Project Management: how to be in charge from beginning to end
T.9 Process Improvement: using Process Maps for analysis and (re-)design
T.10 Satisfaction guaranteed! – delivering high-caliber customer service
|E.1 Personal Effectiveness: strategies for effective living
E.2 The Science and Art of Delegation
E.3 Stress For Success: understanding and managing stress in your life
E.4 TIME Management: a new holistic approach